Friday, December 24, 2004

Ave Maria

A few of you may remember an evening in spring 2000 spent at a small diner called Andy's in Highland Falls, NY. One of my most poignant memories from that night was Josie's rendition of Ave Maria.

Only a poet could describe her voice, and I doubt that anyone who heard her that night could ever forget it.

This morning, as I was walking through the marble rotunda of the palace here at Camp Victory, I again heard Ave Maria. I immediately thought of Josie, but she was not there - the music was coming from a CD player.

I can only imagine what her voice would sound like here. Probably similar to what the shepherds heard in the fields some 2000 years ago.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Songs such as Ave Maria have always meant a lot to me. I absolutely understand the power they can have.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home