Saturday, January 01, 2005

What's your plan?

Anne, over at PalmTreePundit, links to John Piper's article "A New Year's Plea: Plan!"

Teaser:

Very specifically my plea to you this new year is that you take time to plan the most important things in your life. Plan how you are going to spend time with your spouse to deepen and strengthen the relationship. Plan how you are going to spend time playing with and teaching the children. Plan how you are going to get the amount of exercise you need to stay healthy. Plan how you are going to get enough sleep. Plan how much you should eat and how you are going to limit yourself. Plan your vacation so that it really gives rest and spiritual renewal.

And most important, plan how prayer and meditation on the Word are going to be significant parts of your life. Without a plan these most important things always get pushed aside by urgent pressures.

I'll add that just planning isn't enough; you have to stick to it, and that's easier to do with other people holding you accountable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Korndog said...

Great advise. We all need to make our plans and commit our way to The Lord and He will direct our paths. It is true in all areas of life. We particularly need to plan time for strengthening our family relationships. I have found in my life that if I don't make my own plans someone else will plan it for me. Not always the best plan.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Basiballi said...

Hey this blog is not about 403b

I have been doing hours of research on "401k" and it brought me to your blog on What's your plan?. Anyways, ~rich I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Tinwa said...

Hey this blog is not about 401k retirement

I have been doing hours of research on "401k" and it brought me to your blog on What's your plan?. Anyways, ~rich I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home