Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Lots of bulbs...

How about this for a crazy photo:


It doesn't look like much at first...just a chandelier. If you look closely though (click the photo to enlarge) , you'll see a man on a lift on the right hand side. Half of his body is inside the chandelier, and the lift he's standing on is extended about 30 feet up.

This chandelier is RIDICULOUS!!

It's in the middle of the Al-Faw palace, where I work. They change the bulbs in it about ever 3 weeks or so, since the electricity is so bad here (it blows the bulbs like crazy). If you look very closely you may also see a cardboard box on the top of the lift - it's full of used bulbs.

The Iraqi people bought their beloved Saddam this chandelier and the immense palace that surrounds it...too bad he's not around to enjoy it anymore (instead, my office is just outside one of his 2nd floor bedrooms).

6 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

~rich, i think its so cool that you work IN the "great" Saddam's palace!! i've never been in a palace before. but one day i plan on living in one...;) is it big and beautiful?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

hmmmm

2:03 PM  
Blogger ~rich said...

it's definitely big...not so sure about beautiful though. the construction is very shoddy, and it's already starting to fall apart. it's almost entirely marble inside, so it echoes like crazy, and can be very cold...I don't think I'd want to live in it!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Alcuin Bramerton said...

A traditional Norfolk koan may assist.


Seven toffee doughnuts

Having not eaten for well over twenty minutes, the young woman was hungry.
She logged on to the internet and ordered a stuffed crust pizza with double pepperoni and chocolate, French fries, seven toffee doughnuts and a butterscotch milkshake.
Imagine her surprise, two minutes later, when out of her printer came a small piece of lettuce and a plastic cup of raspberry leaf tea.


More may be encountered:
http://alcuinbramerton.blogspot.com/2004/11/traditional-norfolk-koans.html

8:42 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hi there,

I just ran across your site and enjoyed reading through everything.

I'm trying to get a blog going on my site too. But I dont think i have the patience to do it!

--Amy
My lily Site

11:21 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hi there,

I just ran across your site and enjoyed reading through everything.

I'm trying to get a blog going on my site too. But I dont think i have the patience to do it!

--Amy
My red rose Site

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home