Monday, February 07, 2005

My crazy roommate

We're getting ready to roll out of here, so here are some final photos of Dan and me:

Chamarra operates the best dessert bar in Iraq! He hooks us up with cake and cookies on a daily basis, and always has a smile and something nice to say. His family lives in Sri Lanka, and thankfully are all alright after the tsunami.

We were issued 2 beers apiece last night, in honor of the Superbowl. We didn't watch the game, but we sure enjoyed the beer!

Here we are with another of our good friends, Napoleon Dynamite. "Luckyyy."

6 Comments:

Blogger Eliz said...

Aha! I see that I am the first to comment on this one! Those are great pics. Good way to save some good memories! I especially like the one with Chamarra; I'm sure he spreads lots of cheer!
Love ya! ~E

12:46 PM  
Blogger Gunston said...

Beer in country? In Iraq? What is this Army coming to? BTW, when we see you in Texas next week, what is your preference?

3:06 PM  
Blogger charlestongal said...

aw, you're friends with ND too? he's pretty much the coolest person i know!

3:32 PM  
Blogger smk said...

way to imitate napoleon! *imitation is the best form of flattery! *i like your sleeves*

8:22 PM  
Blogger charlestongal said...

when do you come home - is it this week??

11:10 AM  
Blogger ~rich said...

hmmm...beer preference...as long as it's cold and plentiful I'll take it!

I fly outta here tomorrow, and should be in TX by the 14th...I'll post some photos of the trip as soon as I can!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home